There really isn’t a lunch that feels more Instagram-able than these delicious, vegan rice paper rolls with a peanut dipping sauce. These are light, crunchy, salty and are filled with delicious ingredients that will both fill you up and make you feel beyond fancy for making them.
A good tip is to always roll on a clean tea towel to prevent the rice paper from sticking to your surfaces. It makes it much easier to pull away and wrap your roll, without ripping the paper.
You can fill your rolls with literally anything from prawns to chicken but in this case, we have filled them with crispy tofu, 100% vegan and 100% delicious. I also filled mine with an assortment of veggies to give them a nice crunch and rice noodles to bulk up the rolls to be just simply a fantastic lunch for anyone and can last fresh all day without dissolving into a mess.
It’s recommended by some doctors that you should eat two days a week entirely meat free, and Veganuary takes it a step further. So, throughout this month, make sure you check out our website for new recipes to try every week. Vegan food doesn’t have to be boring in anyway and we hope to teach you some recipes to add to your culinary arsenal.
Ingredients for one:
- 5 Sheets of Rice Paper
- Iceberg Lettuce torn into thin slices
- Cucumber sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- Half an avocado sliced
- 1 cup of Rice noodles
- ½ packet of extra firm tofu sliced into chunks
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy cream
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- Coat your cubed tofu in the flour, nutritional yeast, garlic salt and stir gently until coated. Fry in a pan until crispy and set aside.
- Stir the peanut butter, soy sauce, the sweet chilli and the cream until a smooth, runny sauce.
- Boil some water in a pan, and place onto a plate, be careful as it can overflow quickly.
- Place one sheet of rice paper in the water until coated, wait until the rice paper has begun to soften slightly before placing on a clean, dry tea towel.
- Place all your veggies, rice noodles and a few pieces of tofu to the top portion of your roll, leaving the middle and bottom section uncovered. Drizzle some of the peanut sauce on top.
- To roll, tuck in the edges and tightly roll the top to the bottom, tucking as you go until rolled in a tight, sausage length shape.
- Repeat until all the rice paper rolls are filled and serve with the leftover sauce to dip your rolls in.